Many of you are chomping at the bit to get back to life as normal. But there is a "different normal" out there that we can expect. If you’ve been following Governor Ducey's press conferences and CDC guidance, you know that there are some pretty strict guidelines that we have to follow when reopening facilities and amenities throughout Anthem. Plus, our 100+ employees need to be retrained on these new procedures. And through it all, we still want everyone to stay healthy, of course. It's going to take working together & smart decisions. Now the good stuff about all these reopenings...
REOPENING MAY 16
With the stay-home order ending at midnight on May 15, many residents are anxious to get moving again. So here's what will open first.
- Skate park and hockey rinks: Have fun out there, but be smart. Reduced occupancy and distancing guidelines will be enforced, if necessary. Plus, it's getting hot, so there's that, too.
- Sports fields: While the fields will reopen for drop-in use, no team play, organized groups or reservations will be accepted until further notice. Kick the ball around, but don't gather.
- Basketball courts: Hoop it up (safely, of course). The outdoor basketball courts in Community Park and Opportunity Way Park will reopen, but please, sanitize your shared equipment and don't sweat all over each other! What about volleyball? Just keep reading.
- Pickleball and tennis courts: All courts will be open for use (by reservation only through May; fees will be waived). How to make a reservation.
- Community Park restrooms: All restrooms will reopen.
COMMUNITY CENTER AND LAP POOL
It's no easy task to figure out just how to achieve the perfect system when it comes to limiting the number of people in the Community Center or in the pool. But we've come up with a plan that satisfies the CDC and governor's guidelines for doing just that. It's going to take a little patience on your part, and ours, to make it work. Using CivicRec, our online registration software, residents will reserve one-hour timeslots for use of the fitness floor and lap pool lanes.
- Gym & Pool: The registration process opens May 18; the fitness floor and pool reopen (by reservation only) on Wednesday, May 20.
- Here's how to make a fitness floor or pool reservation. Please read through the linked documents thoroughly for the registration process.
- Membership appointments also will be available through online reservation beginning May 18 (with 48-hour notice).
REOPENING MAY 23
With the amenities and facilities above ramping back up, the next wave of openings can begin. Here's what to look forward to on Memorial Day weekend.
- Big Splash Water Park: The water park opens annually on Memorial Day weekend, and it will be ready on time! Due to CDC-issued occupancy and distancing guidelines, residents will use the water park by reserving two-hour timeslots. This process will open May 21.
- Here's How to make a water park reservation.
- Liberty Bell park and splash pad: Head over to the splash pad at Liberty Bell Park to cool off; just remember the whole "less than 10 people & spaced out" guidance. Adventure Playground & Splash Pad will remain closed for a while yet; keep reading for more on that.
- Playgrounds: Both Discovery (in Community Park) and Opportunity Way Park playgrounds will reopen.
- Daisy Mountain Railroad: The train will resume operation, however, it will not run until after noon on Monday, May 25, out of respect for the AVM.
- Volleyball courts: The outside courts in Community Park reopen. A new netting mechanism is being installed, otherwise it would have opened sooner.
OPENING JUNE 1
The remainder of amenities and facilities to open or reopen includes:
- The Anthem Civic Building, including HOA offices (staff continues to work either on-site or remotely & can be reached via email)
- Swimming lessons & swim teams (as advised by USA Swimming)
- Ramadas and Adventure Playground & Splash Pad
- Summer camp (beginning June 8); online registration is open.