annual events at the memorialVeterans Day Ceremony hosted by Anthem Community Council: November 11, 2023
The public is invited to Honor, Salute and Support our veterans and their families at the Anthem Veterans Memorial Annual celebration and ceremony. The annual patriotic event for the entire family includes music and videos, charity assistance and more. The morning culminates with the sun’s rays passing through the five military branch pillars to form a perfect spotlight on The Great Seal of the United States.
Breakfast will be available for purchase starting at 8:15 a.m. and ending at 10:00 a.m.
Vietnam War Era and Surviving Spouse Pinning begins at 9:15 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.
Ceremony will be from 10:00 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
about the memorial
41703 N. Gavilan Peak Parkway | Anthem, Arizona | Get Directions
The Anthem Veterans Memorial (AVM), located in Community Park, is a monument dedicated to honoring the service and sacrifice of our country’s armed forces. It is a place of honor and reflection for veterans, their families and friends, and also is a place to show respect to those service men and women who have and continue to courageously serve our country.
anthem veterans memorial expansion
The Circle of Honor, recognizing the service of our veterans with a custom engraved paver, has reached capacity. Expanding the Circle gives current and future generations the tangible means to extol praise to their family and friends who served our country.
Anthem Veterans Memorial Expansion 2023
purchase a paver
legacy giving program
Donating to the Anthem Veterans Memorial Legacy Giving Program is another way to continue your legacy while supporting the programming at the Anthem Veterans Memorial for the years to come. Legacy Donation Information
jim martin stem scholarship
The Jim Martin STEM $1,000 Scholarship, named for the chief engineer of the Anthem Veterans Memorial, provides a $1,000 scholarship to two graduating high school students who have excelled in mathematics and exemplified service to the community. Scholarship donation form.
Scholarship applications available second Monday in January.
five pillar significance
- The five pillars represent the unity of the five branches of the United States military serving steadfastly together.
- Staggered in size with their appropriate military seal placements on each pillar, the pillars are arranged in the Department of Defense order of precedence.
- At precisely 11:11 a.m. each Veterans Day (Nov. 11), the sun's rays pass through the ellipses of the five Armed Services pillars to form a solar spotlight on the glass mosaic of The Great Seal of the United States.
- The brick pavers within the Circle of Honor are inscribed with the names of U.S. servicemen and women, symbolizing the 'support' for the Armed Forces. The pavers are red, the pillars are white, and the sky is blue to represent America's flag.
- The circle, flanked by two "Soldier Rows," represents an unbreakable border.
Learn the "Engineering Behind the Memorial," with Jim Martin, Chief Engineer.
The Anthem Veterans Memorial copyright is shared by the Anthem Community Council and artist Renee Palmer-Stevens. Duplication of this monument is forbidden.
July 27: Remembering our Korean War Veterans
August 4: About the US Coast Guard & Birthday Wishes
August 10: Honoring the AVM Partners- Part I, Daisy Mountain Veterans
August 16: Honoring Our Veteran Families
August 23: Honoring our Veteran Partners - Part II, Youth for Troops
August 30: Honoring The AVM Partners- Part III, Sandra Day O'Connor USAF JRROTC Program
September 6: Meet Our AVM Music Partners- 2023
September 13: POW/MIA Day
September 27: AVM News: Invitation to Veterans Day Ceremony
October 4: Veterans Day Pre-Ceremony Festivities
October 11: Veteran's Day Festivities at the AVM
October 18: Veteran's Day Information and Keynote Speaker
October 25: Veterans Day Ceremony Updates. Introducing Major General A. Fields (USMC, Retired)
November 1: Ten Days Until Veterans Day, Veterans Day Ceremony FAQ's
honors and awards
- Arizona Historic Landmark Designation 2012 – Arizona Historical Society
- Arizona Public Works Project of the Year Award 2012 – Arizona Chapter of the American Public Works Association (APWA)
- ACEC 2012 Grand Award – Best Engineering and Environmental Consulting Project – American Consulting Engineers Companies
- America Vietnam War Commemoration Partner
- Watch the 2022 Veterans Day Ceremony
- Live Time of Solar Spotlight at 11:11 a.m. on Nov. 11, 2022
- Time-lapse of the iconic 11:11 moment, filmed Nov. 11, 2015
- Aerial footage of the solar spotlight, filmed during the winter viewing on Jan. 30, 2016