On April 26, 2023, the Anthem Community Council voted to expand the Anthem Veterans Memorial Circle of Honor. The work will be sole sourced to the original Anthem Veterans Memorial (AVM) builders, Haydon Corp. The expansion will include:
- Expanding the Circle of Honor by adding over 3,000 pavers to commemorate veterans.
- Move the sponsorship pavers to a new location between the benches outside the Circle of Honor.
- Redirect water from rain and sprinklers away from the AVM.
- Add high-end artificial turf behind the benches to provide dust control and barrier against mud on the pavers and soften the aesthetics of the paver hardscape.
- Add additional lighting to highlight the AVM at night.
- Add two small sidewalk entrances to the AVM on each flower bed side to enhance access during events and classes at the AVM.
- Modify the existing plant beds to accommodate the Circle of Honor expansion.
make a donationThe tax-deductible donation form.
thanks to avm expansion donors and sponsors
Current Sponsors and Donors
Each of the following receives special benefits for contributing to the expansion as noted in the 2023 Expansion Sponsorship Program. Please click here to see the sponsor benefits.
- Six-Star Title Sponsor ($150,000, limited to one)
- Five-Star Associate Sponsors ($25,000, unlimited)
- Four-Star Affiliate Sponsor ($10,000, unlimited)
- Three-Star Contributing Sponsor ($5,000, unlimited)
- Two-Star Lighting or Garden Sponsor ($3,000, limited to one each) or Supporting Sponsor ($3,000, unlimited).
- One-Star Expansion Friend Sponsorship ($500-2499, unlimited)
avm 11/11 match challenge:
Let it be known you support our veteran commemoration at the AVM by participating in the AVM 11/11 Challenge. Donate and challenge those you know to match you.
veterans day, november 11 (11/11)
- Donate $111 and challenge others to match your donation. Our goal is to round out the date with 1,000 additional people meet the challenge (11/11).
- Donate $1111 and challenge others to match your donation. Each donor will receive a one-star paver with their name.
- Navy veteran challenge is $1111
support the avm expansionOur veterans deserve a public place of honor, and you can be part of this historical monument. The Anthem Way Foundation (501c3) is gladly accepting donations to help fund the anthem veterans memorial expansion project.
Check made to "Anthem Way Foundation" and "AVM Expansion" in the memo line. Mail or drop off to
Learn about the Anthem Veterans Memorial
in the news"Anthem Veterans Memorial Expansion Set to Begin" Valley Vibe 07/2023 (pdf)
"Eye on Anthem" podcast 07/2023 (redirect)
"Public Supporting Memorial Expansion" Foothills Focus 06/07/23 (pdf)
"Anthem Memorial Day" Valley Vibe 05/2023 (pdf)
"Anthem to Remember the Fallen" Foothills Focus 05/24/23 (pdf)
"Board discusses possible veteran memorial expansion" Foothills Focus 04/19/23 (pdf)