duties and responsibilities
The Maintenance Technician will work under the direction of the Parks and Facilities Maintenance Supervisor and will perform a variety of important tasks to keep the ACC’s parks, facilities and equipment well-maintained, safe and looking great. We are seeking individuals with trades, construction and/or “fix-it” experience who hold themselves to high standards, want to apply and expand their skills in a positive team-oriented environment, and want to join a talented and versatile team of professionals who take pride in all that they do.
- Adheres to all applicable OSHA standards.
- Ensures a clean and organized work environment.
- Consistently demonstrates regular/dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Maintains an accurate record of work performed using Facility Dude work order system.
- Completes incident reports and other status reports for management, as requested.
- Performs basic repairs on structures such as stucco, plaster and block.
- Performs routine painting.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on HVAC, mechanical, plumbing and power equipment using proper lockout/tag-out procedures.
- Performs spot custodial duties to ensure the cleanliness of park facilities, as needed.
- Provides routine set up and break down for special events, as directed.
- Knows how to perform all P&F special event tasks with limited direction.
- Repairs basic plumbing fixtures such as drains, faucets, showerheads, piping and landscaping irrigation components.
- Prepares sports fields using line painters and other equipment to meet quality and productivity expectations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director, Supervisor or Lead Tech.
- Performs minor renovation work involving plumbing, HVAC, carpentry and painting.
- Other duties as assigned by Parks & Facilities Maintenance Supervisor or Director.
- Education: Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and have a minimum of high school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: Experience operating a wide variety of maintenance and construction tools, equipment and vehicles is a plus; general knowledge of electrical, plumbing, carpentry work and maintenance activities is helpful.
- A strong work ethic, a friendly/team oriented work style, excellent communication and problem-solving skills, the ability to multi-task, solid attendance record, ability to lead by example and exercise good judgment, adhere to ACC policies, procedures, and the Anthem Way Values (Integrity, Respect, Quality Service, Initiative, Teamwork and Care/Pride).
- A valid driver license and clean driving record is required.
- Selected applicant must be available to work various shifts and days of the week, including some holidays; early/late shifts may be required; shifts will be scheduled based on the needs of the Parks & Facilities Maintenance department. Efforts will be made to assign a consistent schedule week to week subject to work load and activity levels.
- CPR & First Aid certifications are helpful, but not required; other maintenance or recreation based certifications such as Certified Pool Operator and Certified Playground Safety Inspector would be ideal, but not required.
- Basic knowledge of OSHA requirements.
- Basic knowledge of computers and Outlook.
Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.
ACC employees may use Anthem’s comprehensive Community Center, aquatics park with heated pool, and the various community parks as a health and wellness benefit. Staff may also sign up for a variety of fitness classes and activities at reduced prices, and in some cases at no cost, with only a few exceptions. Eligible staff may also participate in our 401K Plan.
This position reports to the Parks and Facilities Maintenance Supervisor.
Apply online, in person at the ACC Customer Service Desk at the Civic Building, or send your application to: Sheryl Brown, 3701 W. Anthem Way, Ste. 201, Anthem, AZ 85086.
The Anthem Community Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled