DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This part-time, variable- hour position is responsible for coaching swim teams. An Age Group Swim Coach also will monitor activities at the pool to prevent accidents, rescue swimmers in danger of drowning, caution swimmers regarding unsafe practices and safety hazards, maintain order in the pool and adjoining areas, administering first aid if needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/ FUNCTIONS
- Provide direction, motivation and skill development to swim team participants
- Regularly offer positive enforcement and encouragement to participants and/or parents
- Plan for and/or assists in planning practice drills
- Maintain a professional appearance, attitude and the highest levels of customer service at all times
- Must be able to attend most/all scheduled swim meets
- Maintain regular communications with Aquatics Manager about upcoming meets or events and the needs of the swim team
- Responsible for making practices schedules for each level
- Maintain a safe working environment, reporting all unsafe activity and conditions
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent, current Water Safety Instructor certification and USA Coaching certificate preferred
- Experience: At least three (3) years of swimming experience and/or coaching background
- Skill sets needed: Must have aptitude for detail, highly effective interpersonal and problem solving skills. Excellent communication skills are also required in for this position
- Part-time hourly schedule: Schedule is flexible and variable within our seven (7) day workweek working mornings, afternoons, and evenings; some holidays, hours/schedules may vary. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Work location– Anthem Community Center – 41130 N. Freedom Way, Anthem
ACC employees may use Anthem’s comprehensive Community Center, aquatics park with heated pool and community parks as a health and wellness benefit. Staff may also sign up for a variety of fitness classes and activities at resident prices. Eligible staff may also participate in our 401K Plan.
This position reports directly to Scott Newell, Head Swim Coach.
Ways to apply:
- Complete an online application (under “Related Documents”) and include your resume OR
- Download and complete a paper application and email it to email@example.com OR
- Mail your application and resume to: 3701 W. Anthem Way, Suite #201 Anthem, AZ 85086 OR
- Apply in person at the Anthem Community Council Office (address above).
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled