duties and responsibilities
We are currently seeking applicants to become Anthem’s newest Aquatics Technician. The primary focus of this full-time, safety-sensitive position is maintaining the Community Center pool and water park in the highest standards, meeting or exceeding the needs and expectations of the staff, residents and guests of the Anthem community.
- Greet, acknowledge, and interact with staff and residents in a friendly and professional manner.
- Perform regular preventative and corrective equipment repairs.
- Maintain chemical balances, water level circulation and accurate record keeping including chemical application, testing results, and use/inventory of pool supplies.
- All work must be performed in a safe manner following all established safety procedures, adherence to OSHA standards, ACC policies, and maintaining a clean, organized work environment.
- Additional duties will include janitorial duties, maintenance, keeping the pump house clean and organized, inspecting chemical feeders, filters, pumps, motors, valves and heaters.
- Provide support to ACC staff (as directed) in the set up and break down of special events or activities.
- Adhere to checklist of daily responsibilities.
- Other maintenance and repair-related duties as assigned by the Aquatics Manager, Community Center Director or Assistant Director.
- Education: Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and have a minimum of high school diploma or equivalent AND possess a current CPO (Certified Pool Operator);
- Experience: A minimum of two years pool maintenance experience; valid driver license and clean driving record required;
- Attention to detail and a desire to succeed in a team environment are essential in this fast paced position;
- Selected applicant must be available to work various shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays; early/late shifts may be required, days of the week (Monday-Sunday) may vary; shifts will be scheduled based on the needs of the Community Center; efforts will be made to assign a consistent schedule week-to-week, subject to workload and activity levels;
- Highly effective interpersonal and problem solving skills. Excellent communication skills and ability to multi-task are necessary to succeed in this position;
- CPR & First Aid certifications are helpful, but not required;
- We consider good attendance to be an essential function of all positions;
- Adherence to ACC policies, procedures, and values (Anthem Way).
A Benefits package with insurance coverage, paid time off and a 401(k) plan is available to eligible full-time employees. ACC employees may use Anthem’s comprehensive Community Center, tennis courts, aquatics park with heated pool, and community parks as a health and wellness benefit. Staff also may sign up for a variety of fitness classes and activities at resident prices.
This position reports directly to: Dave Fermoile, Community Center Director.
US Mail: 3701 W. Anthem Way, Suite #201 Anthem, AZ 85086
Or apply in person at the Anthem Community Council Office
Posting date: 4/27/2018
Posting expires: Upon selection
Anthem Community Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled