duties and responsibilities
Working as an extension of the Community Center’s front desk, our Park Patrol staff patrols the Anthem Community Council’s parks and sports areas. This part-time, variable-hour position is as a source of information and provides assistance to those that use ACC parks.
- Greets, acknowledges, and interacts with residents and public in a friendly and professional manner;
- Engages residents and public in friendly, proactive manner as a source of information, proving information on scheduled events and activities in the park; helping residents in the park abide by and understand park rules, and assisting with any emergency situations that may arise; requesting assistance from the Manager on Duty, or MCSO Deputies as directed;
- Monitors and interacts with park users of all ages as needed to maintain a safe and healthy environment with respect to the Adventure playground, the skate park, sports equipment, and surroundings;
- Documents and reports all equipment and maintenance concerns in the park, including but not limited to lighting, play equipment, restrooms, Ramada cleanliness and any other safety concerns;
- Articulates extensive knowledge of ACC activities, programs and services, policies, and procedures;
- Ensures that established policies and procedures are enforced;
- Keeps accurate Incident Reports and report them immediately to the Manager on Duty;
- Attends all staff meetings as scheduled, follows established schedule, safety policies and procedures, and adheres to the ACC company values (Anthem Way);
- Maintain accurate time card activity and follow/adhere to all ACC rules, regulations, and policies;
- Other duties as assigned by the Community Center director.
$10.50 per hour
- Education: A minimum of High School diploma or equivalent; previous experience in a related position helpful.
- Experience: Previous experience in customer service environment is helpful.
- Aptitude for detail, highly effective interpersonal and problem solving skills are a must, excellent communication skills are also required for this position.
- CPR & First Aid certifications are helpful, but not required.
- A clean driving record is required.
- Schedule is flexible and variable within our 7-day workweek, including mornings, afternoons, evenings, and some holidays. Hours/schedules may vary.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Work location: Anthem Community Center – 41130 N. Freedom Way, Anthem, and all ACC parks and facilities
ACC employees may use Anthem’s comprehensive Community Center, tennis courts, Aquatics Park with heated pool and Community Park as a health and wellness benefit. Staff may also sign up for a variety of fitness classes and activities at reduced prices, and in some cases at no cost, with only a few exceptions. Eligible staff may also participate in our 401K Plan.
This position reports directly to the Customer Service Desk Manager
Apply online or send your cover letter, detailed resume and application to Human Resources at:
US Mail: 3701 W. Anthem Way, Suite #201 Anthem, AZ 85086
Or apply in person at the Anthem Community Council Office
The Anthem Community Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting date: 12/21/2017
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled