The Anthem Community Council owns and cares for four parks in the community. These parks allow Anthem residents and their guests to enjoy the outdoors year-round. Neighborhood parks throughout Anthem are owned by the Anthem Parkside Community Association. For maintenance closures, view the Turf Maintenance Schedule.
41703 N. Gavilan Peak Parkway
Open 6 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Adventure and Discovery Playgrounds (open 8 a.m.-sunset)
- Splash pad (inside Adventure Playground); open 10 a.m.-sunset seasonally
Open now until Oct. 23!
- Catch-and-release fishing lakes (barbless hooks only)
- Skate Park (open Mon.-Sat. 7 a.m.-9 p.m. & Sun. 9 a.m.-9 p.m.)
- Pickleball courts (drop-in or reserve a court)
- Basketball and volleyball courts
- Anthem Veterans Memorial
- Daisy Mountain Railroad
- Ramadas (reservable)
- Sports fields (reservable)
- Walking trail
- 63 acres
2707 W. Meridian Drive
Open 6 a.m.-9:45 p.m. (Sept.-April)
Open 5:30 a.m.-9:45 p.m. (May-Aug.)
Opens at noon on Wednesdays.
- Four grass, off-leash, fenced zones; the zones are marked “Active” and “Passive,” and are not categorized by the size of the dog. Dogs that like to run, chase and “stir things up” in a good natured way should be in the “Active” zone. The “Passive” zone is intended for shy or less active dogs.
- Shade structures and benches
- Paw rinsing station and water fountains (for humans and dogs)
- Secure key-fob access (must have active Community Center membership)
- Membership registration is open and fully online! Complete these forms, and then read through the "How to Register Online" tutorial to complete your registration.
- You MUST submit your Maricopa County dog license certificate and Rabies vaccination paperwork (for each dog being registered), with the completed application packet when you submit your registration. Without these documents, your registration will not be approved.
- Call the Community Center at 623-879-3011 with any questions or for registration technical support.
- Purchase a paver to remember or honor a special dog.
liberty bell park
40106 N. Liberty Bell Way
Open 6 a.m.-sunset
- Sports field (not marked, non-reservable)
- Seating and picnic areas
- Ramada with BBQ (non-reservable)
- Splash pad (10 a.m.-sunset)
Opens the Saturday of Anthem Days on March 26, and closes the Sunday evening at the conclusion of AutumnFest on October 23
- Walking trail
opportunity way park
41906 N. 46th Lane
Open 6 a.m.-sunset (April-Sept.)
Open 7 a.m.-sunset (Oct.-March)
- Two playgrounds
- Multi-use sports fields (reservable)
- Two ramadas (reservable on weekends)
- Walking trail
- Basketball half-court
- 10 acres
- Named "Outstanding Facility 2017" by Arizona Parks and Recreation Association
more park information
Turf Maintenance Schedule
Part of keeping the fields and playing surfaces looking their best involves short-term closures to re-sod and repair fields from heavy use, and to aerate the soil to promote healthy turf. Some fields are also closed for overseeding in the fall. View a turf maintenance schedule for the three parks listed above.
Rules and Regulations
All forms of tobacco, alcohol, and drug use are prohibited on ACC property. Pets must be leashed at ALL times (except within the off-leash zones of the dog park). Refer to signs posted throughout the parks or the rules posted on this page under "Related Documents." Parks and amenities within them may be closed or have restricted use at times due to special events or inclement weather.
New River Kiwanis Park
A short drive from Anthem, the community of New River offers an 80-acre park with horse arena, playgrounds, ball fields, ramadas, clubhouse/meeting space, and more. Anthem residents are welcome to use the New River Kiwanis Park facilities. Learn about the Kiwanis Park.