duties and responsibilities
The Head Swim Coach provides direction, motivation and skill development to swim team participants while ensuring the highest levels of customer service and support to all residents and guests of Anthem.
- Provides direction, motivation and skill development to swim team participants.
- Regularly offers positive enforcement and encouragement to participants and/or parents.
- Plans for and/or assist in planning practice drills.
- Maintains a professional appearance, attitude and the highest levels of customer service at all times.
- Must be able to attend most/all scheduled swim meets.
- Maintains regular communications with Assistant Coaches/Aquatics Manager about upcoming meets or events and the needs of the swim team.
- Plans all home swim meets with USA Swimming and confirms with Aquatics Manager before final confirmation.
- Responsible for organizing and obtaining money for USA Swimming and swim meets.
- Responsible for providing information to be included in quarterly Activity Guide.
- Responsible for providing information during budgetary process and confirms with Aquatics Manager before final presentation.
- Responsible for making practice schedules for each level and confirms with Aquatics Manager before final schedules distributed.
- Maintains a safe working environment, reporting all unsafe activity and conditions.
- Responsible and accountable for the financial results of their outlined areas of responsibility.
- Prepares and manages fiscal budget, controls costs and generates revenue.
- Prepares and analyzes reports and public surveys relating to programs, attendance, program evaluation, interests, special events, etc and confers with Aquatics Manager before distribution.
- In conjunction with Communications Department, prepares newsletters and brochures for programs.
- Works to ensure departmental and organizational goals and objectives are fulfilled.
- Schedules appropriate staff levels, reviews time off requests, and approves bi-weekly payroll for processing.
- Consults with HR on escalated employee issues.
- Works with HR to ensure proper staffing levels and conducts interviews for open positions.
- Confers with HR on payroll, worker’s compensation, safety and all other responsibilities related to human resource compliance.
- Performs work of those supervised as necessary.
- Ensures programs are accurately entered in to CivicRec, both by entering in directly and/or supervising staff entering in the information.
- Responsible for providing timely information to be included in each Activities Guide.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality are an essential function of this position.
- Acts as manager on duty on evenings and weekends as designated during slower seasons of the year.
- Follow the Anthem Way values.
- Attendance/punctuality – is consistently at work and on time.
- Other duties as assigned by Aquatics Manager and Community Center Director.
- Education and Experience: degree in Parks and Recreation, Health Services, or other related field preferred.
- Minimum age: 21 years
- Knowledge of objectives and principles of administration of public recreation programs.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite required.
- Capable of working hours to include extended hours, evenings, weekends, holidays and Anthem signature events as necessary.
- Knowledge of current principles and practices related to the coordination of a comprehensive community recreation program.
- Must have aptitude for detail, highly effective interpersonal and problem solving skills. Excellent communication and customer service skills; adherence to ACC company values (Anthem Way) are also required.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with individuals and groups encountered in fulfilling job requirements.
- Self-disciplined, self-motivated and able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Knowledge of Standard First Aid, CPR and Bloodborne Pathogens procedures, CPR, AED & First Aid certifications are required within 90 days of employment.
- A health care provider’s signed statement saying employee is free from TB, dated w/in 6 months of start date.
- Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card.
- Must be able to provide proof of required vaccinations or sign decline waiver.
- Valid Swim Instructor Card (Starfish Aquatics) to be obtained within 60 days of employment.
- Valid Lifeguard Instructor Card (Starfish Aquatics preferred but can accept Red Cross).
- USA Swimming certification preferred.
- Schedule is flexible and variable within our seven (7) day workweek working mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends; some holidays.
Work location– Anthem Community Center – 41130 N. Freedom Way, Anthem.
Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.
A benefits package with insurance coverage, paid time off and a 401(k) plan is available to eligible full-time employees. ACC employees may use Anthem’s Community Center, aquatics park with heated pool, and community parks as a health and wellness benefit. Staff also may sign up for a variety of fitness classes and activities at resident prices.
- Please complete the online application and include your resume OR
- Download and complete a paper application and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR
- Mail it to Sheryl Brown, 3701 W. Anthem Way, Suite 201, Anthem, AZ 85086 OR
- Apply in person at the ACC Office (address above).
Posting date: 6/10/2019 Posting expires: Upon Selection
The ACC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled