duties and responsibilities
The Anthem Community Council Finance Department is looking for an experienced accounting or credit/collections professional to join our team in a year-round part-time capacity. This is a variable-hour position (up to 25 hours per week; hours and days are highly flexible). One of the Finance Department’s responsibilities is working with Anthem property owners to collect assessments and other unpaid charges. We are seeking a positive, talented, results-oriented professional who will respectfully communicate with property owners to achieve a “win-win” result. As a collections specialist, we do NOT use “traditional” collections tactics – our interactions are fair, respectful, polite, non-intimidating, and we are always looking to create a “win-win” solution with our property owners.
- Provide the highest level of customer service, respect and compassion to Anthem residents in person and on the phone.
- Perform collection duties while educating owners and following established policies and procedures for Anthem collectors.
- Work cooperatively with residents to arrange payment plans for delinquent assessment fees. We do NOT utilize aggressive tactics or pressure. We do NOT cold-call delinquent accounts – almost all collections activity is handled by email or U.S. Mail.
- Monitor payments to ensure homeowner payment schedules are timely satisfied.
- When necessary, work with our collection attorneys in a liaison capacity.
- Must be accurate, responsible and dependable.
- Respond to and assist property owners with a variety of issues and inquiries.
- Perform other financial support duties, as required.
- Education: Minimum high school diploma/GED; some college or business school background a plus.
- Experience: 1-3 years minimum experience in an accounting, financial or collections environment.
- Skill sets needed:
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Commitment to superior customer service and positively interacting with Anthem property owners to find solutions to delinquent balances due.
- A strong work ethic and desire to be a team player.
- An ability to comfortably and pro-actively discuss delinquency issues with Anthem property owners.
- Proficient in the use of Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Knowledge: Exposure to or knowledge of Fair Debt Collection Practices Act guidelines is preferred.
- Part-time hourly – Schedule is mutually flexible and variable within our workweek and can be tailored to the candidate’s availability. This is considered a "variable-hour" position and averages about 20-25 hours per week.
- Work location – ACC Administration Office in the Anthem Civic Building – 3701 W. Anthem Way, Anthem, AZ 85086.
ACC employees may use Anthem’s Community Center, aquatics park with heated pool, and community parks as a health and wellness benefit. Staff also may sign up for a variety of fitness classes and activities at resident prices. Eligible staff may also participate in our 401(k).
- Please complete the online application and include your resume OR
- Download and complete a paper application and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR
- Mail it to Sheryl Brown, 3701 W. Anthem Way, Suite 201, Anthem, AZ 85086 OR
- Apply in person at the ACC Office (address above).
Posting date: 5/31/2019 Posting expires: Upon Selection
The ACC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled