duties and responsibilities
The Sports Field and Maintenance Supervisor will work under the direction of the Parks and Facilities Maintenance Director and will perform a variety of important tasks to keep the ACC’s parks, facilities and equipment well maintained, safe and looking great. The candidate must have a complete understanding of all infrastructure of Parks and Facilities and knowledge of all areas of maintenance and sports field prep and upkeep. We are seeking individuals with trades, construction and/or “fix-it” experience who hold themselves to high standards, want to apply and expand their skills in a positive team-oriented environment, and want to join a talented and versatile team of professionals who take pride in all that they do.
- Will have primary responsibility of oversight of all prep and maintenance of fields.
- Ensures fields are prepared to specifications for games (soccer, little league, baseball, softball, football, lacrosse, etc.).
- Will supervise by providing guidance and direction for Maintenance Technicians I & II that are assigned or help with field prep.
- Responsible for the contract and oversight of the assigned landscape provider for Anthem Community Council ensuring all property landscape and maintenance is at the highest standards.
- Ensures sprinkler times with fields are correct and working properly.
- Personnel supervision may overlap with the Maintenance Supervisor as needed to fulfill the obligations of the Parks and Facilities Department.
- Conduct annual reviews of assigned Parks & Facilities staff.
- Adheres to all applicable OSHA standards.
- Ensures a clean and organized work environment.
- Consistently demonstrates regular/dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Maintains accurate record of work performed using Facility Dude work order system.
- Completes incident reports and other status reports for management, as requested.
- Performs basic repairs on structures such as stucco, plaster and block.
- Performs routine painting.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on HVAC, mechanical, plumbing and power equipment using proper lock out/tag out procedures.
- Performs spot custodial duties to ensure cleanliness of park facilities, as needed.
- Provides routine set up and break down for special events, as directed.
- Knows how to perform all P&F special event tasks with limited direction.
- Repairs basic plumbing fixtures such as drains, faucets, showerheads, piping and landscaping irrigation components.
- Prepares sports fields using line painters and other equipment to meet quality and productivity expectations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director, Supervisor or Lead Tech.
- Performs minor renovation work involving plumbing, HVAC, carpentry and painting.
- Performs more complex renovation work involving plumbing, minor electrical (trouble shooting circuits and wiring; pump installations up to 480 volts; lighting ballast changes; breaker replacement; conduit bending), HVAC, carpentry and painting.
- Performs all startup operations and troubleshoots Liberty Bell and Adventure Splash pads.
- Independently diagnoses/repairs lake pumps, entry falls and splash pad pumps.
- Responds to emergencies and alarms; requires familiarization with fire alarm systems.
- Notifies Facilities Supervisor when supplies, chemicals and equipment needs to be ordered.
- Stays in touch with and helps out other crew members during assigned shifts.
- Other duties as assigned by Parks & Facilities Maintenance Supervisor or Director.
- A strong work ethic, a friendly/team oriented work style, excellent communication and problem-solving skills, the ability to multi-task, solid attendance record, ability to lead by example and exercise good judgment, adhere to ACC policies, procedures, and the Anthem Way Values (Integrity, Respect, Quality Service, Initiative, Teamwork and Care/Pride).
- A valid driver license and clean driving record is required.
- Selected applicant must be available to work various shifts and days of the week, including some holidays; early/late shifts may be required; shifts will be scheduled based on the needs of the Parks & Facilities Maintenance department. Efforts will be made to assign a consistent schedule week to week subject to work load and activity levels.
- Experience: A minimum of two years of related trades, construction, and/or maintenance experience; valid driver license and clean driving record; experience operating a wide variety of maintenance and construction tools, equipment and vehicles is a plus; general knowledge of electrical, plumbing, carpentry work and maintenance activities is helpful.
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO) certification is required or must be obtained within first six months of employment.
- CPR & First Aid certifications are required or must be obtained within first six months of employment; other maintenance or recreation based certifications such as Certified Playground Safety Inspector are preferred or obtained within first six months of employment.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent; AA or some college is preferred.
- Knowledge of relevant OSHA safety requirements is required
- Basic knowledge of computers and Outlook
Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.
A benefits package with insurance coverage, paid time off and a 401(k) plan is available to eligible full-time employees. ACC employees may use Anthem’s Community Center, aquatics park with heated pool, and community parks as a health and wellness benefit. Staff also may sign up for a variety of fitness classes and activities at resident prices.
- Please complete the online application and include your resume OR
- Download and complete a paper application and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR
- Mail it to Sheryl Brown, 3701 W. Anthem Way, Suite 201, Anthem, AZ 85086 OR
- Apply in person at the ACC Office (address above).
Posting date: 5/14/2019 Posting expires: Upon Selection
The ACC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled