duties and responsibilities
Working as an extension of the Community Center’s front desk, our Park Patrol staff patrols the Anthem Community Council’s parks and sports areas. This part-time, variable-hour position is a source of information and provides assistance to those who use ACC parks. We are looking for an individual who can work weekends as well as closing shifts during the week. Closing shifts are either 2 p.m. to close or 4 p.m. to close. Additional shifts may be available.
- Greets, acknowledges, and interacts with residents and the public in a friendly and professional manner.
- Engages residents and public in a friendly, proactive manner as a source of information, providing information on scheduled events and activities in the park; helping residents in the park abide by and understand park rules, and assisting with any emergency situations that may arise; requesting assistance from the Manager on Duty, or MCSO Deputies as directed.
- Monitors and interacts with park users of all ages as needed to maintain a safe and healthy environment with respect to the Adventure Playground, the skate park, sports equipment, and surroundings.
- Documents and reports all equipment and maintenance concerns in the park, including but not limited to lighting, play equipment, restrooms, Ramada cleanliness and any other safety concerns.
- Articulates extensive knowledge of ACC activities, programs and services, policies, and procedures.
- Ensures that established policies and procedures are enforced.
- Keeps accurate Incident Reports and report them immediately to the Manager on Duty.
- Attends all staff meetings as scheduled, follows established schedule, safety policies and procedures, and adheres to the ACC company values (Anthem Way).
- Maintain accurate time card activity and follow/adhere to all ACC rules, regulations, and policies.
- Other duties as assigned by the Community Center director.
- Education: A minimum of High School diploma or equivalent; previous experience in a related position helpful.
- Experience: Previous experience in a customer service environment is helpful.
- Aptitude for detail, highly effective interpersonal and problem-solving skills are a must, excellent communication skills are also required for this position.
- CPR & First Aid certifications are helpful, but not required.
- A clean driving record is required to be hired and must maintain a clean driving record while employed
- Hours & schedule can vary within our 7-day workweek, including mornings, afternoons, evenings, and some holidays; currently, we are looking for someone who can work weekends and evening shifts.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Work location: Anthem Community Center – 41130 N. Freedom Way, Anthem, and all ACC parks and facilities.
ACC employees may use Anthem’s comprehensive Community Center, aquatics park with heated pool, and the various community parks as a health and wellness benefit. Staff may also sign up for a variety of fitness classes and activities at reduced prices, and in some cases at no cost, with only a few exceptions. Eligible staff may also participate in our 401K Plan.
Apply online and include your resume, download an application (under 'Related Documents') and submit it via email, mail it to 3701 W. Anthem Way, Suite #201 Anthem, AZ 85086, or apply in person at the Anthem Community Council Office.
The Anthem Community Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled