duties and responsibilities
Now accepting applications for Adventure Club Caregivers in anticipation of being able to resume programs soon. In this part-time, variable-hour position, the selected applicant will maintain a fun, safe and supervised atmosphere for infants and children through structured and unstructured activities. Responsibilities may also include working in other areas of the Community Center. Work hours can include mornings, afternoons, evenings, Saturday mornings and holidays.
- Greet, acknowledge and interact with residents and their children in a friendly and professional manner.
- Engage children in interactive activities that may include storytelling, organized arts & crafts, singing and games.
- Monitor and interact with children to maintain a safe and healthy environment with respect to the toys, sports equipment, other children and surroundings.
- Clean and maintain the Adventure Club area.
- Supervise children when outside on playground.
- Articulate extensive knowledge of children’s activities, programs and services, policies and procedures.
- Maintain a safe environment for children placed in his/her care.
- Ensure that established policies and procedures are enforced.
- Keep accurate Incident Reports and report them immediately to the Program Manager.
- Attend all staff meetings as scheduled.
- Maintain accurate time card activity.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
- Education: Some high school.
- Experience: Previous experience working with children in an organized program setting is highly preferred.
- Must have an aptitude for detail, highly effective interpersonal and problem-solving skills. Excellent communication skills are also required in for this position.
- CPR & First Aid certifications are helpful, but not required.
- Applicants must be at least 16 years of age.
- Work location: Anthem Community Center – 41130 N. Freedom Way, Anthem.
$12.00 per hour
ACC employees may use Anthem’s comprehensive Community Center, aquatics park with heated pool, and the various community parks as a health and wellness benefit. Staff may also sign up for a variety of fitness classes and activities at reduced prices, and in some cases at no cost, with only a few exceptions. Eligible staff may also participate in our 401K Plan.
Contact : This position reports directly to our Children's Program Manager.
Apply online and include your resume, download an application (under 'Related Documents') and submit it via email, mail it to 3701 W. Anthem Way, Suite #201 Anthem, AZ 85086, or apply in person at the Anthem Community Council Office.
The Anthem Community Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled