duties and responsibilities
The Anthem Community Council’s part-time Special Events Coordinator provides support to the Special Events Manager and Communications Department. This is a highly visible and responsible position that requires outstanding communication, follow-through and organizational skills. The Special Events Coordinator must be flexible and dependable, and able to work independently or in a team setting.
The person in this position will be responsible for assisting with all aspects of planning, coordinating and implementing large-scale, community special events. The position must provide the highest levels of customer service and support to residents and guests. Duties will vary depending on the needs of the department.
- Recruits and manages vendors, entertainers, sub-contractors, and event sponsors for ACC events.
- Responsible for ongoing communication with vendors via phone and email: answering questions, promoting the event, working out logistics, screening artwork, and processing registration materials.
- Resolves conflict, troubleshoots, interacts with vendors, staff and contractors, providing the highest levels of communication and customer service to all.
- Assists with day-to-day event planning and preparations for event activities, setup, tear down, and event management, including coordinating physical labor needed by Parks & Facilities staff members.
- Assists in researching, planning and coordinating effective community-wide special events.
- Assists in ensuring the quality of the special events.
- Recruits and manages volunteers working at special events.
- Coordinates supplies needed for events and makes acquisitions as needed.
- Communicates event details, internally and externally; works as a team with other departments to solicit full support for event needs.
- Works to promote events through proactive marketing and presentation to the public. Collaborates with other departments to ensure positive public relations.
- Develops sponsorship opportunities for financial support for the programs and events.
- Supports in managing various contract services within organizational guidelines.
- Responsible for actively researching, identifying and recruiting potential arts and crafts vendors or business vendors, and screening potential candidates.
- Manages multiple tasks while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative, good judgment, and self-motivation.
- Articulates extensive knowledge of Anthem Community Council special events.
- Maintains a safe environment for residents, their guests, staff and the general public.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality are essential functions of this position.
- Other duties as assigned by the Special Events Manager and Communications Director.
- Education: A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: Previous experience in a related position preferred.
- Must have an aptitude for detail, highly effective interpersonal and problem-solving skills. Excellent communication skills are also required in for this position and must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and possess strong keyboarding and telephone skills
- CPR & First Aid certifications are helpful, but not required.
- Schedule: This is a part-time/variable hour position. Hours may range from 15 to 20 hours per week initially and then increase as each event gets closer and maybe 40 hours per week for a couple of weeks around each event. The hours can include evenings and weekends for the weeks close to or during an event. The selected applicant must be able to work a flexible range of hours and days.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Work location: Primarily the Anthem Civic Building; outdoors and on-site at special events.
pay and benefitsCompetitive pay and benefits, including a 401k with employer match, selective use privileges for Anthem's outstanding recreational amenities, and a positive and empowering organizational culture.
- Please complete the online application and include your resume OR
- Download and complete a paper application and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR
- Mail it to Sheryl Brown, 3701 W. Anthem Way, Suite 201, Anthem, AZ 85086 OR
- Apply in person at the ACC Office (address above).
Posting date: 2/10/2020 Posting expires: Upon Selection
The ACC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled