duties and responsibilities
The Executive Assistant will report to the CEO and be responsible for providing professional-level administrative support to the CEO, executive management and the Board of Directors. This is a highly responsible position that requires outstanding people skills; excellent office administration and organizational skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; the ability to manage multiple tasks; a high level of initiative, judgment, trust and confidentiality; strong verbal and written communication skills; and successful work experience in a comparable position.
- Maintains the CEO’s calendar and organizes material for meetings.
- Coordinates meetings and events on behalf of the CEO, executive officers and the Board.
- Researches and responds to resident inquiries on behalf of the CEO, executive officers and the Board.
- Manages the CEO’s files and coordinates broader records management, as directed by the CEO.
- Prepares Board meeting agendas as directed by the CEO, distributes Board reports/packets, and coordinates logistics for Board meetings.
- Attends Board meetings, records minutes at Board of Directors meetings and composes summary minutes for approval by the CEO and Board.
- Composes emails, letters, and documents that are concise, accurate and grammatically correct.
- Performs advanced administrative functions, which include creating PowerPoint presentations and spreadsheets, and taking proactive measures to assist executive staff with projects.
- Updates the Board Policy Manual and other policies, as directed by the CEO.
- Provides special administrative support to the Board President and Board members, as authorized by the CEO.
- Coordinates designated activities such as employee committees, awards programs and the Volunteer Program.
- Follows direction, handles matters expeditiously and proactively, and completes assignments on time.
- Exercises good judgment, discretion and confidentiality in representing the CEO, executive management, the Board and the ACC.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality are an essential function of this position.
- Consistently role models the “Anthem Way” Values.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by CEO.
- Education: Minimum high school diploma/GED; AA or college-level education preferred.
- Experience: At least five years of progressively responsible administrative assistant work, including at least three years directly supporting executive management and/or a Board of directors.
- Skillsets needed: Outstanding people skills; proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint); high level of initiative, judgment, trust and confidentiality; advanced writing and editing skills.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with high attention to detail.
- Knowledge of A/V equipment is desirable.
- Must have valid driver’s license and insurance and be able to run errands for meetings, as needed.
- Work Hours: Schedule will be determined by the needs of the CEO and Board. Workweek is typically Monday through Friday, working a minimum of 40 hours per week; however, schedule will include monthly evening board meetings, occasional special Board meetings and a limited number of community special events per year that fall on a weekend.
- Work location - Anthem Civic Building – 3701 W. Anthem Way, Ste. #201, Anthem, AZ, 85086 and may include infrequent travel to other ACC buildings.
pay and benefitsCompetitive pay and benefits, including a 401k with employer match, selective use privileges for Anthem's outstanding recreational amenities, and a positive and empowering organizational culture.
- Please complete the online application OR
- Download and complete a paper application and email it to: email@example.com OR
- Mail it to Sheryl Brown, 3701 W. Anthem Way, Suite 201, Anthem, AZ 85086
- Must include resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
The ACC is an EOE Employer
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled