July 3, 2013
6 p.m. - 10 p.m.
ACC Community Park Ball Fields
FREE Parking and Admission!
Join thousands of people Valley-wide who will come together once again to celebrate at the 14th annual Anthem Independence Day event. Along with our traditional fireworks display, fun rides, activities, and festival food will also be available at this year’s event. Bring the family, a blanket, and lawn chairs, and sit back and relax at the Anthem Independence Day Celebration!
- National Anthem – 9:25 p.m.
- Fireworks – 9:30 p.m.
- ACC Community Park Ball Fields
- Cost: Admission is free; Parking is free. Water Slides, rides, and inflatables are $12 all-you-can-ride; other attraction prices vary.
- Anthem Skate Park – Closes at 3 p.m.
- Community Center – Closes at 4 p.m.; all cars will need to be out of the parking lot by 5 p.m.
NOTE: No fireworks are permitted at the ACC Community Park including, but not limited to, sparklers, glow worms, snakes, ground spinners, and toy smoke devices.
Food & Drink (Please be considerate by keeping items and garbage contained at all times.)
- Food and drinks are permitted (Alcohol is only permitted for purchase and consumption within Rotary Beer Garden. Attendees are not permitted to bring alcohol. Coolers brought to the event are subject to inspection.)
- Food and beverage items will be available for sale (hamburgers, hot dogs, barbecue, kettle corn, fry bread, sno-cones, ice cream, funnel cake, etc.)
- Anthem Rotary will host their Beer Garden with margaritas.
NOTE: Only ACC-authorized vendors are permitted to sell goods at the event.
Activities & Entertainment
- National Anthem
- Event Emcee
- Music DJ
- Traveling Stilt Walkers
- Wet and Dry Bounce Houses/Slides
- Glow-in-the-dark Products and Temporary Tattoos for Sale
Parking & Road Restrictions (In effect Tuesday, July 3rd, 3 p.m. - Midnight)
NOTE: No RV parking or vehicles pulling trailers are permitted in the Anthem Community Park parking lot for this event.
- Arrive early for parking and fireworks viewing locations
- Anthem Way, between Gavilan Peak and Independence Way, will be restricted to one lane, both east and westbound.
- Bike lanes will be closed. Traffic cones will have the right vehicle lane blocked off. Cars are permitted to park on Anthem Way except where noted.
- Gavilan Peak, between Anthem Way and Memorial Way, will be restricted to one lane, both north and southbound.
- Bike lanes will be closed. Traffic cones will have the right vehicle lanes blocked off. Cars are permitted to park on Gavilan Peak during this time period.
- Northbound Freedom Way and Independence Way must turn right onto Anthem Way.
- All traffic exiting the event to access I-17 will be re-routed to go eastbound on Anthem Way and southbound on Daisy Mountain to access the freeway from Daisy Mountain.
- ACC Community Center Parking Lot will close at 4 p.m. for staging/fallout area for fireworks display.
- Avoid standing in line by purchasing a $12 All-You-Can-Ride bracelet at the ACC Community Center front desk from June 1- July 2 at 5 p.m. Bring bracelets to the event. Lost bracelets will not be replaced.
- Walk to the event if possible as there will be several parking and road restrictions. Plan on road congestion. Participants Valley-wide will be in attendance.
- Leave pets at home. Pets are not familiar with fireworks and are frequently scared by loud noises and crowded, congested areas.
- Leave cooking grills at home. The Park has grills available for use. No open flames are permitted in the park.
- Alcohol is only permitted for purchase and consumption within Rotary Beer Garden. Attendees are not permitted to bring alcohol. Coolers brought to the event are subject to inspection.
- Avoid dehydration in the July heat. Drink plenty of fluids and wear sunscreen.
- The Daisy Mountain Railroad will not be operating during the event for safety reasons.
- Watch your children. Thousands of people are expected to attend this event. Use flashlights or purchase glow sticks so kids can be easily found. Have children carry identification. Have a plan in place should the family become separated.
- Be patient. It may take some time navigating the crowds and traffic, especially when returning home.
For more information or sponsorship opportunities:
Michele DeMichele, Special Events Director
mdemichele [at] anthemcouncil [dot] com
If you wish to be added to our craft/exhibitor vendors mailing list for future events please email us with your name, phone number, address and what type of vendor you are. Please send your emails to mdemichele [at] anthemcouncil [dot] com.