Meditation (18 yrs. +)
- Cost is $48 for the four-week series (advance registration required); $15 per session drop-in rate.
- Register for the series in advance at the Civic Building.
- Presented by the Kadampa Meditation Center Phoenix
A Blissful Journey to the Subtle Mind
Four-part series includes:
- What is our Mind? | January 4, 6:30-7:45 p.m.
- The Power of the Limitless Mind | January 11, 6:30-7:45 p.m.
- Controlling our Mind | January 18, 6:30-7:45 p.m.
- Pure Mind, Pure World | January 25, 6:30-7:45 p.m.
Mind Quest (16 yrs.+)
- Series is free.
- Registration is appreciated, but not required.
- Think TED Talks, Anthem-style. Monthly program will feature high-caliber, university-style speakers on diverse topics. Any topic someone is an “expert” in will be considered for the series. Apply to be a speaker.
Senior Cinema Wednesday (Ages 50 yrs.+)
- Cost is $5 (covers snacks/beverages)
- Registration is not required; pay at the door.
- The program will occur the third Wednesday of each month in 2017 (except February and November). Closed captioning provided.
Upcoming showings include:
- "The First Wives Club" | December 20, 2 p.m.
civic building programs contacts
Civic Building Welcome Desk
Taylor McCulley, Civic Building Meeting and Program Manager