water rate case summary
2017-18 Water Rate Case
According to a September 2015 decision from the Arizona Corporation Commission(AzCC), EPCOR was required to file a water rate case. The company filed the case August 18, 2017, giving the AzCC the information it needs to make a decision on the policy of water consolidation, based on fresh financial data from 2016. The two options are:
- Keep the 11 water districts the way they are today (status quo)
- Or, bring them all together as one district (consolidation)
The rate case process takes about a year. The Commission is expected to rule on the case on Jan. 15-16, 2019. View the docket to read the Administrative Law Judge's Recommended Opinion and Order.
The ACC continues to advocate on Anthem ratepayers' behalf for full or partial consolidation, for rate relief.
- Download a summary of the application
- View the full case filing
- View the postcard mailed to all Anthem homes in April 2018.
- Water Rate Case FAQ/Fact Sheet
- Water Rate vs. CPI Comparison Chart
- Water consolidation open house presentation
- Invitation to community open houses, October 2017
- Procedural notice to customers, October 2017
- Procedural order, September 21, 2017
- Letter of sufficiency, September 15, 2017
wastewater case summary
2016-17 Wastewater Rate Case
- EPCOR files case with the Commission: eDocket April 29, 2016
- Procedural hearing delayed from Jan. 23 to Feb. 13, 2017: eDocket Sept. 7, 2016
- Commission issues Recommended Opinion and Order: eDocket May 23, 2017
The Arizona Corporation Commission, at their open meeting June 13, 2017, approved full consolidation of the five wastewater districts. The fully phased-in flat rate will be $38.59 per month (with no additional charge based on water usage). The phase-in will take place in five annual steps, as shown below:
Step 1; 7/1/17: $59.15
Step 2; 7/1/18: $55.39
Step 3; 7/1/19: $51.63
Step 4; 7/1/20: $47.89
Step 5; 7/1/21: $38.59
Historical documents available upon request. Additional information on water-wastewater rate design is also available on EPCOR's website.