Anthem is an unincorporated community located in the north central portion of Maricopa County and the City of Phoenix. It was awarded "Best Master Planned Community" in 2001, named one of Phoenix Magazine's "Best Family-Friendly Neighborhoods" in 2012 and awarded “Best Master Planned Community for Children” in 2016.
Anthem consists of a mixture of residential, commercial, office, industrial and public uses, making it a unique pioneer amongst master planned communities. Anthem was intended to be a marriage between the residential and business communities; both recognized as an essential component of the other, they create a whole that is more than the sum of its parts.
From award-winning parks to quality landscaping, sports programs for all ages to trails, golf courses and more, Anthem is now home to more than 27,000 residents and passionate businesses.
Anthem was founded in 1999 and initially built out in 2008. Final build out (202 homes) is expected by the end of 2018. Residential areas are divided into three homeowners' associations; Parkside, Country Club and The Village. Parkside extends across I-17 to the west, and is served by the City of Phoenix; whereas the east side of the freeway is governed by Maricopa County.
View the Anthem Community Map.
By the numbers
- Let’s take a look at the numbers that make up our community.
- 17 miles to Phoenix (south to the 101 loop)
- 120 miles to Flagstaff (via I-17N)
- 10,106 homes (plus 202 by the end of 2018)
- 3 homeowners’ associations
- 27,000 residents (approx.)
- 5,920 acres (9.25 sq. miles) of land
- 8 miles of barbed-wire fence
- 15 miles of walking, biking and pedestrian trails
- 60 acres of turf
- 350 acres of desert landscaped area
- 1,400 acres of protected washes and open space
- 20,000+ trees
- 4.4 million sq. ft. of common walls and view fences
- $78, 834 median household income
- 38.3 years median resident age
- $273,552 average price of homes sold (Parkside)
Awards and Accolades
Those who call Anthem home know that they live in a great community, but the outside world has taken notice, too. Anthem has been recognized with various awards and accolades from regional and national organizations and publications. Take a look. >>