The weather may have been a bit chilly this past weekend, but the Anthem Dolphins swim team provided plenty of heat at their latest swim meet. Both the team and many of the individual swimmers enjoyed a successful event, including recording personal best times and qualifying for the upcoming state meet.
More than 20 swimmers posted personal best times in their events and a whopping 11 swimmers also qualified for the state tournament.
Some highlights from the tournament include:
- Kiarra Briggs: 10 best times in 10 swims, including her first state qualifying time;
- Reilly Cox: four best times in four swims, including all four being state qualifying times;
- Alex Helwig: Finals in all events, including first place in 200m breaststroke and two state qualifying times;
- Lauren Linneman: eight best times and reached the finals in all events; and
- James Thomson: six best times in six events and reached three finals.
Congratulations to all the swimmers and coaches on an outstanding weekend and best of luck in the state meet.
Do you have a child interested in becoming a Dolphin? A new session starts April 2 and runs through May. There are different levels available for swimmers of varying skill and ages. Contact Coach Scott Newell to learn more information about the upcoming Dolphins season or view details in the newest Activity Guide.