Working as an extension of the Community Center’s front desk, our Park Patrol staff patrols the Anthem Community Council’s parks and sports areas. This part-time, variable-hour position is as a source of information and provides assistance to those that use ACC parks. This is a safety sensitive position. The selected applicant MUST be available to work on Saturdays and pick up additional shifts throughout the week.essential duties/functions
- Greets, acknowledges, and interacts with residents and public in a friendly and professional manner.
- Engages residents and public in friendly, proactive manner as a source of information, proving information on scheduled events and activities in the park; helping residents in the park abide by and understand park rules, and assisting with any emergency situations that may arise; requesting assistance from the Manager on Duty, or MCSO deputies as directed.
- Possesses strong communication skills and can use good judgment to communicate effectively in order to de-escalate behavioral situations that arise.
- Monitors and interacts with park users of all ages as needed to maintain a safe and healthy environment with respect to the Adventure playground, the skate park, sports equipment and surroundings.
- Articulates extensive knowledge of ACC activities, programs and services, policies and procedures.
- Documents and reports all equipment and maintenance concerns in the park, including but not limited to lighting, play equipment, restrooms, ramada cleanliness and any other safety concerns.
- Ensures that established policies and procedures are enforced.
- Keeps accurate Incident Reports and report them immediately to the Manager on Duty.
- Attends all staff meetings as scheduled, follows established schedule, safety policies and procedures, and adheres to the ACC company values (Anthem Way).
- Acts as roaming community ambassador and point-of-information for residents and guests.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality are an essential function of this position.
- Maintain accurate time card activity and follow/adhere to all ACC rules, regulations and policies.
- Other duties as assigned by the Community Center Operations Manager.
- Education: A minimum of high school diploma or equivalent; previous experience in a related position helpful.
- Experience: Previous experience in customer service environment is helpful.
- Aptitude for detail, highly effective interpersonal and problem-solving skills are a must, excellent communication skills are also required for this position.
- CPR, First Aid and AED certification preferred.
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record is required and must be maintained during employment.
- Schedule is flexible and variable within our 7-day work week, including mornings, afternoons, evenings, and some holidays. Hours/schedules will vary, but will not exceed 29 hours per work week.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Work location– Anthem Community Center – 41130 N. Freedom Way, Anthem, and all ACC parks and facilities.
- $10.75 per hour
- The selected applicant MUST be available to work Saturday mornings and have the capability to pick up other shifts throughout the week. Hours will not exceed 29 hours per work week.
ACC employees may use Anthem’s comprehensive Community Center, aquatics park with heated pool and community parks as a health and wellness benefit. Staff may also sign up for a variety of fitness classes and activities at resident prices. Eligible staff may also participate in our 401K Plan.
This position reports directly to the Community Center Operations Manager
- Please complete the online application and include your resume OR
- Download and complete a paper application and email it to: email@example.com OR
- Mail it to 3701 W. Anthem Way, Suite #201 Anthem, AZ 85086 OR
- Apply in person at the ACC Office (address above).
Posting date: 12/04/2018 Posting expires: Upon Selection
The ACC is an EOE Employer
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled