duties and responsibilities
Under the direction of the Meeting and Program Manager, this position is responsible for the daily operations of the Anthem Civic Building Welcome Center (front desk) and acts as the primary point of contact with patrons. This position serves residents and guests by greeting and assisting visitors, providing up-to-date community information, organizing, rearranging, and setting up rooms for daily meetings, events and activities, and promoting Anthem sites, attractions, events, and points of interest. Must provide excellent customer service and perform various clerical duties.
- Greet, acknowledge and interact with residents in a friendly and professional manner.
- Provide daily support of various areas, including Welcome Center, facility rentals, program registration and marketing.
- Research, review and remain informed of community, regional and statewide events and activities.
- Maintain appearance of Welcome Center by re-stocking brochure racks, tracking inventory and completing basic cleaning.
- Must be accurate, responsible and dependable for team support of resident services; room set-ups, moving tables and chairs; provide technical support services for visitors and renters through the use of TV’s, iPads, audio and telecom systems.
- Provide information about recreation programs, room rentals, parks and fields, special events and more.
- Answer phones and other clerical duties.
- Ensure that established policies and procedures are enforced.
- Keep accurate Incident reports and report them immediately to the Supervisor.
- Attend all staff meetings as scheduled and maintain accurate time card activity.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
$10.75 per hour
- Education: A minimum of high school or equivalent helpful; computer skill (Excel, Word, iPad, Outlook,) is essential, Caliber is a plus;
- Experience: Experience in a customer service/cash-handling position where excellence in service was the focus is helpful ;
- Must have aptitude for detail, highly effective interpersonal and problem solving skills; excellent communication skills are also required in for this position; must also be willing/able to learn audio-visual set-ups;
- Selected applicant must be available to work various shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays; early/late shifts may be required, days of the week (Monday-Sunday) may vary; shifts will be scheduled based on the needs of the Community Center; efforts will be made to assign a consistent schedule week-to-week, subject to workload and activity levels;
- CPR & First Aid certifications are helpful, but not required;
- Schedule is flexible and variable within our current six-day workweek working mornings, afternoons and evenings; some holidays, hours/schedules may vary; basic workweek is Monday – Saturday with shifts that vary from 7:30 a.m.-noon, 7:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. and 2:30–9:00 p.m.;
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age;
- Work location - Anthem Civic Building, 3701 W. Anthem Way, Anthem, AZ 85086.
ACC employees may use Anthem’s comprehensive Community Center, aquatics park with heated pool and community parks as a health and wellness benefit. Staff also may sign up for a variety of fitness classes and activities at resident prices.
This position reports directly to the: Meeting & Program Manager.
US Mail: 3701 W. Anthem Way, Suite #201 Anthem, AZ 85086
Or apply in person at the Anthem Community Council Office
Posting date: 5/10/2018
Posting expires: Upon selection
Anthem Community Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled