duties and responsibilities
Immediate need for Saturday, 7:30 a.m.-noon, and Monday and Tuesday, 4:30-8 p.m.
We are currently seeking part-time applicants to work as Sports Monitors for our Community Center. Responsibilities in this part-time, variable-hour position will include monitoring sports activities at the Community Center and community parks. Additional duties will include assisting the Sports Manager, organizing and directing both youth and adult recreation programs and refereeing.
The selected applicants will also supervise/coach a variety of games, contest instructional and other recreational activities. If selected you will maintain order during activities, enforce established rules, report any unsafe activity or conditions and may be required to assist in first aid. This position requires working Saturday mornings and one or two evenings. Please see our website for other open positions. Qualified individuals can apply for more than one variable hour position.
- Greet, acknowledge, and interact with residents in a friendly and professional manner.
- Monitor and interact with sport participants, coaches and adults to maintain a safe and healthy environment with respect to the sports equipment, fields and facilities.
- Communicate knowledge of the Sports Department activities and programs.
- Referee games while adhering to rules that apply to that specific sport.
- Promote and sell activities, programs.
- Maintain a safe environment.
- Ensure that established policies and procedures are enforced.
- Keep accurate Incident reports and report them immediately to the Manager on Duty.
- Attend all staff meetings as scheduled.
- Maintain accurate time card activity.
- Other duties as assigned by the Sports Manager.
- Education: A strong knowledge of sports; previous experience in a related position is helpful but not required.
- Experience: A strong knowledge of sports; previous experience in a related position is helpful but not required.
- Must have aptitude for detail, highly effective interpersonal and problem solving skills. Excellent communication skills are also required in for this position.
- CPR & First Aid certifications are helpful, but not required.
- Applicants must be available to work various shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays! Early/late shifts may be required and days of the week (Monday – Sunday) will be scheduled based on the need of the Sports department. Applicants must be at least 16 years of age.
- Work location: Anthem Commuity Center, 41130 N. Freedom Way.
$10.50 per hour
ACC employees may use Anthem’s Community Center, tennis courts, aquatics park with heated pool and community parks as a health and wellness benefit. Staff may also sign up for a variety of fitness classes and activities at reduced or resident prices. Eligible staff may also participate in our 401K Plan.
This position reports directly to our Sports Manager.
US Mail: 3701 W. Anthem Way, Suite #201 Anthem, AZ 85086
Or apply in person at the Anthem Community Council Office
Posting date: 3/12/2018
Posting expires: Upon selection
Anthem Community Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled