duties and responsibilities
We are currently seeking part-time, variable-hour employees for our summer camp program. The camp counselor staff will supervise and lead recreational/educational activities to children ages 5 through 12. Children participate in daily activities such as arts & crafts, swimming, Rock Wall climbing, gym games and outdoor games.
- Maintains a safe environment for children placed in his/her care.
- Assists in providing structured activities for children in program of focus.
- Ensures that state licensing policies and procedures are enforced and followed.
- Keeps accurate attendance records.
- Keeps accurate incident reports and reports them immediately to the Program Manager.
- Interacts in a professional manner with employees, participants and their parent(s) and/or guardians.
- Maintains the cleanliness and accurate inventory of all applicable areas.
- Attends all Child Development staff meetings as scheduled.
- Maintains accurate time card activity.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: A minimum of high school completed or equivalent.
- Experience: Experience with children in an organized setting highly preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have aptitude for detail, highly effective interpersonal and problem solving skills. Excellent communication skills are also required in for this position.
- Preferred: CPR & First Aid certifications (current), Arizona Fingerprint clearance card, AZ Food Handlers Card, a health care provider’s signed statement saying employee is free from TB, dated within six (6) months of start date.
- Work location: Anthem Community Center, 41130 N. Freedom Way
$10.75 per hour; must be available to work part-time hours between the hours of 7 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday through Friday.
ACC employees may use Anthem’s Community Center, tennis courts, aquatics park with heated pool and community parks as a health and wellness benefit. Staff may also sign up for a variety of fitness classes and activities at reduced or resident prices. Eligible staff may also participate in our 401K Plan.
This position reports directly to our Children's Program Manager.
Interviews will be held the first week of April; job begins mid-May.
Apply online or send your application/resume (download an application under “Related Documents”) to Human Resources at:
US Mail: 3701 W. Anthem Way, Suite #201 Anthem, AZ 85086
Or apply in person at the Anthem Community Council Office
Posting date: 3/12/2018
Posting expires: Upon selection
Anthem Community Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled