duties and responsibilities
This critical management position will report to the Community Center Director and oversee physical plant and facility operations and improvements, service contracts, facility-use agreements, process improvements, special projects, and provide back-up support to the Center director and management team. The Anthem Community Center complex includes a 43,000-square foot main building with gymnasium, fitness areas/equipment, multi-purpose rooms, Rock Wall, locker rooms, child care area and administrative offices; outside aquatics park with lap pool, dive well, water park, lifeguard building and pump house; exterior play areas and tennis courts (and future pickleball courts). The Community Center Assistant Director may also assist the ACC’s Facilities Maintenance Director with facilities projects at other locations, such as the Community Park and Anthem Civic Building. In this position, the Assistant Director must model and create a staff culture that embraces The Anthem Way employee values: Act with Integrity, Treat Everyone with Respect, Provide Friendly and Quality Service, Take Ownership for Achieving Positive Results, Manage Community Resources with Care and Pride and Work Together for the Collective Good and Benefit of Anthem!
- Supports the Community Center Director in the overall oversight of and leadership at the Community Center, including filling in when the Community Center Director is absent.
- Serves as the manager for maintenance, repairs, planned improvements and reserve projects for the Community Center physical plant and facility areas.
- Supervises aquatic technicians to ensure efficient, safe and compliant aquatics operations and reviews and approves recommended equipment repairs and replacements.
- Supervises the Front Desk Services Manager, which includes customer service, memberships, parks patrol, security and Rock Wall activities.
- Supervises custodial services to ensure that the facilities are clean, attractive and well stocked.
- Works in close cooperation with the Parks and Facilities Maintenance Director to coordinate projects to promote efficient and effective use of resources.
- Serves as Community Center “Manager on Duty” (MOD) on a rotational basis and supports other department managers and programs, such as sports, aquatics, fitness, teen and children’s programs.
- Works to ensure departmental and organizational goals and objectives are established, communicated and fulfilled.
- Is a positive, professional role model and motivator for Community Center staff.
- Prepares reports for management and the Board of Directors; attends monthly Board meetings on an as needed basis.
- Interfaces in a professional and constructive manner with the Community Center management team, department members, senior management, contactors, vendors, residents and customers.
- Manages facility use agreements and related invoices and administrative work, including contracts with sports organizations to use athletic fields.
- Reviews, analyzes and prepares budgets for relevant programs in conjunction with the Director.
- Approves, reconciles and submits for payment all invoicing with regard to areas of responsibility.
- Manages and maintains documentation for the Community Center facilities including warranty work, department invoices and vendor bids.
- Supports Anthem Community Center special events.
- Sets performance goals; holds staff and contractors accountable for achieving desired results.
- Consults with the Community Center director and Human Resources on personnel matters.
- Facilitates internal safety meetings, training, drills and continuous improvements to promote safety.
- Performs work of those supervised as necessary.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by the Director.
- A minimum of three (3) years of responsible management experience in a community center, athletic club, university athletic center or similar setting involving facility operations and/or recreation services
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Recreation Administration, other related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Some level of continuing education, training and certifications in facilities operations/management, aquatics facility operations, recreation, supervision, project management, or related functions is highly desirable
- A proven track record of achieving timely and positive results in a highly collaborative and fast paced environment
- A team player with strong initiative, ethics and personal integrity
- Working knowledge of business technology tools, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Project and PowerPoint
- CPR, CPO, AED & first aid certified or obtained within 90 days of employment
The ideal candidate exceeds the minimum qualifications and has broad based recreation administration and management experience in a facility or multiple facilities similar in size and scope to the Anthem Community Center.
compensation and benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, this full-time, exempt position is eligible for benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, short term disability, long term disability, life and voluntary life, and our 401(k) plan with a company match. ACC employees may use Anthem’s Community Center, tennis courts, aquatics park with heated pool and community parks as a health and wellness benefit. Staff may also sign up for a variety of fitness classes and activities at reduced prices, and in some cases at no cost, with only a few exceptions.
This position reports directly to: David J. Fermoile, Community Center Director
US Mail: 3701 W. Anthem Way, Suite #201 Anthem, AZ 85086
Or apply in person at the Anthem Community Council Office
Posting date: 2/22/2018
Posting expires: Upon selection
Anthem Community Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled