go green details
April 14 and September 29, 2018 | 8-11 a.m.
Community Park lower parking lot
41703 N. Gavilan Peak Parkway
Anthem residents only (proof of residency required)
The Anthem Community Council teams up with Republic Services, ProShred, MCSO and other community partners to offer Anthem residents the opportunity to recycle electronics, personal documents, bulk cardboard, paint and other items.
Vehicles must be in line by 11 a.m. to participate. Enter the lower lot from Freedom Way to Whitman Drive only, then exit onto Gavilan Peak Parkway only.
Stations below are listed in order as vehicles enter the lot.
medications - mcso
- Bottled prescription and non-prescription drugs
- Note that NO medical sharps (needles) of any kind will be accepted
donate - goodwill
- Household goods such as books, clothing, computers, cooking accessories, electronics, furniture, appliances (working and not), glass and housewares, handbags, jewelry, knick-knacks, musical instruments, pictures, shoes, sports equipment, tools and toys
household hazardous waste - safety kleen
- Oil-based paint (up to 5 gallons TOTAL per car; amount is determined by container, not amount within container)
- Paint thinners, solvents, paint removers, gasoline, diesel fuel, lighter fluid, waste oil, pesticides, fertilizers, drain and oven cleaners, adhesives, pool chemicals, aerosol cans, etc.
glass/bulk items - republic services
- Bulk materials (i.e. cardboard, furniture, mattresses, panes of glass, etc.), excluding yard waste; and small Household Appliances: i.e. toasters, blenders, etc. will be accepted.
electronics recycle - westech
- Large appliances, electrical items, telecom, audio/visual equipment, and other paper, bulk trash and cardboard, plastic, metal and glass-based recyclable items.
- Computer Equipment: PCs, laptops, CRT/LED/LCD monitors, modems, switches, hubs and routers, storage devices, main frames, servers, power supplies, tape libraries, circuit boards, power cords, printers, wire and cabling, surplus metals, mice, keyboards, docking stations, hard drives, floppy, DVD and CD drives, etc.
- Point of Sale Equipment: credit card machines, printers, scanners, hand-held bar code scanners, etc.
- Telecom Equipment: telephones, cell phones, switches, CSU/DSU multiplexing equipment, phone systems, answering systems, two-way radios, servers, routers, etc.
- Printing Equipment: printers, fax machines and copiers, calculators, typewriters and printer cartridges
- Audio/Visual Equipment: televisions (LCD/LED), stereos, radios, amplifiers, projectors, satellite and cable equipment, camera and video equipment, VCRs, CD players, CD Rom/DVD drives, video game equipment, surveillance/security equipment, cameras, broadcasting equipment, communications equipment, etc.
- Batteries: alkaline, nickel cadmium, lead acid, lithium, etc.
- Electronic Components: Diodes, resistors, transistors and integrated circuits, circuit boards, etc.
- Miscellaneous Electronic Items: AC adaptors, calculators, credit card machines, test equipment, lab equipment, medical equipment (no radioactivity), cables and wire, connectors, ballasts, power strips, fax machines, etc.
- Surplus metals, wire and cable (aluminum, copper wire, etc.)
lighting/batteries - lighting resources llc
- Bulbs including fluorescent, circular, U-bend, compact, incandescent, LED, projection, HID, shatter-shield fluorescents, non-PCB and PCB
- CFLs and other fluorescent bulbs
- Any type of batteries, Mercury devices (liquid Mercury devices must be in their own sealed container to prevent leakage if item breaks)
shred - proshred (secure)
- Bank statements, check stubs and credit card offers
- Limit of five (5) banker-sized/computer paper boxes per person
- Residential only; no business documents
items that will not be accepted
- Tires, medical sharps, items containing PCBs (transformers, capacitors, fluorescent light ballasts), pressurized tanks (filled or not, including oxygen, helium, fire extinguishers, propane tanks), ammunition or explosives, microwaves or any items containing Freon