DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This part-time, variable-hour position is responsible for coaching swim teams. An Age Group Coach will also monitor activities at the pool to prevent accidents, rescue swimmers in danger of drowning, caution swimmers regarding unsafe practices and safety hazards, maintain order in the pool and adjoining areas and administer first aid if needed.
- Provides direction, motivation and skill development to swim team participants;
- Regularly offers positive enforcement and encouragement to participants and/or parents;
- Plans for and/or assists in planning practice drills;
- Maintains a professional appearance, attitude and the highest levels of customer service at all times;
- Must be able to attend most/all scheduled swim meets;
- Maintains regular communications with Aquatics Manager about upcoming meets or events and the needs of the swim team;
- Responsible for making practices schedules for each level;
- Maintains a safe working environment, reporting all unsafe activity and conditions.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent, current Water Safety Instructor certification and USA Coaching certificate preferred.
- Experience: At least three (3) years of swimming experience and/or coaching background.
- Skill sets needed: Must have aptitude for detail and highly effective interpersonal and problem solving skills. Excellent communication skills are also required for this position.
- Part-Time hourly– Schedule is flexible and variable within our seven-day work week, working mornings, afternoons and evenings; some holidays. Hours/schedules may vary. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Work location– Anthem Community Center – Lap Pool, 41130 N. Freedom Way, Anthem
BENEFITS: ACC employees may use Anthem’s comprehensive Community Center, tennis courts, Aquatics Park with heated pool and Community Park as a health and wellness benefit. Staff may also sign up for a variety of fitness classes and activities at resident prices.
This position reports directly to: Scott Newell, Head Swim Coach
Please send your cover letter, detailed resume and application to Sheryl Brown, HR Manager, at:
Email: email@example.com | Fax: 623-742-6170
US Mail: 3701 W. Anthem Way, Ste. #201 Anthem, AZ 85086
Or apply in person at the Anthem Community Council office within the Anthem Civic Building
Posting date: 05/10/2017 Posting expires: Upon Selection
The ACC is an EOE Employer